Why Choose Sardines in Water?
Sardines in water are top-notch sources of protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. When buying from Season, you can trust the sardines are wild-caught, sustainably sourced, gluten-free and non-GMO.
Canned predatory fish like tuna and salmon are often caught using unsustainable methods. At Season, we exclusively sell smaller, nonpredatory fish — better for our planet and healthier for you. Our sardines have lower levels of mercury and contaminants than tinned tuna.
Why Buy Sardines in Water With No Salt Added?
Season offers sardines in water with no salt as a healthy alternative to canned tuna that’s tasty and versatile. Sardines are protein-rich, and they deliver more nutrition per ounce than larger protein sources. Buying sardines in water means fewer calories, lower fat and sodium, and a milder taste.
Besides the health benefits, canned sardines are convenient for an active lifestyle. They offer:
- Versatility: You’ll never have a mundane meal with sardines. You can use them in salads, soups, stews or on toast.
- Lightness: You can pop a can of sardines in your bag and take it to work, camping or wherever you go. These tins are compact, portable and protected.
- Availability: You can buy Season sardines in various stores and online.
- Shelf-stability: When stored optimally, canned sardines in water can have a shelf life of five to seven years. Stock your pantry on a budget and use tinned sardines over time for your meal prep.
The Health Benefits of Eating Sardines
Sardines are brimming with nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium and potassium, making them a great choice for health in several key areas:
- Heart health
- Immune system health
- Cell repair and renewal
- Bones, teeth, muscles, skin and hair
What Can You Make With Sardines Canned in Water?
Sardines packed in water are meaty and tasty, providing incredible versatility. You can add these low-calorie tinned fish to salads, soups and pasta dishes or enjoy them with a light dressing.
Looking for recipe inspiration? Try these top-rated dishes to fall in love with the taste of sardines:
- Sardine a la Greek Salad
- Mexican sardine salad stuffed avocados
- Raisin, Walnut and Sardine-Stuffed Grape Leaves
- Rainbow Swiss chard with red quinoa
- Seafood salad wrap
- Healthier Sardine Stroganoff
- Fisherman’s Breakfast
Buy the Best-Quality Canned Sardines Online Today!
Season has proudly provided high-quality tinned fish for over 100 years. Our sardines are sustainably sourced from the Atlantic Ocean just off Morocco’s shores. Shop our various sardines online today!