What Are Brisling Sardines?
If you’re searching for high-quality brisling sardines, look to Season — your source for wild-caught, sustainable, non-GMO and gluten-free tinned fish. Our sardines are caught along the Mediterranean coast using methods that cause minimal disturbance to the ocean bed.
Sardines are superb alternatives to predatory fish like tuna and salmon. Predatory fish can be high in mercury and contaminant levels, and they’re often caught unsustainably. Season only sells smaller, nonpredatory fish like sardines to protect the planet and provide a healthier alternative. Trust us for delicious, nutritious fish.
What Is Brisling Fish?
Brisling sardines or sprats are a tiny variety of fish. Sprats may be smaller than regular sardines, but they’re still brimming with nutrients, protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids.
Season’s Brisling Sardines
Our brisling sardines are wild-caught off the Latvian coast with a sustainable stamp of approval from the Marine Stewardship Council. They’re slightly smoked to offer nuance to the natural flavor of sardines. Options include:
- Brisling sardines in olive oil: The olive oil enhances the smoky taste of the sprats, giving them a rich, velvety coating.
- Brisling sardines in water: Choose salted or unsalted water depending on your preference. Sardines in water are low in calories and offer a milder taste.
- Brisling sardines in tomato sauce: Light-smoked brisling sardines pair exceptionally well with tomato-based sauces. Add these flavor bombs to pasta dishes, stews or soups.
The Benefits of Eating Brisling Sardines
Sardines are relatively low in calories and high in essential nutrients. They’re also an excellent source of protein, offering more per ounce than larger varieties of fish. Without saturated fats, sugar or carbohydrates, brisling sardines are a super option for weight loss.
Nutrients in tinned sardines include:
- Calcium: Build and maintain healthy bones and teeth, ensure healthy blood clotting, and regulate necessary muscle contractions.
- Potassium: Support healthy blood pressure, maintain your cells’ fluid balance and assist in the development of healthy body tissue.
- Iron: Boost your energy levels and athletic performance.
- Vitamin D: Control infections, bolster your immune system, reduce inflammation, and build healthy bones and teeth.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Boost hair and skin renewal, improve your heart health, and potentially reduce the risk of conditions like cancer, blood clots, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease.
How Do You Eat Sardines?
Enjoy our smoky brisling sardines in various ways. Eat them as they are or use the sprats to spice up your salad, soup, stew or pasta.
Pop a tin in your bag for an on-the-go meal or snack. You can also enjoy brisling fish in a variety of recipes:
- Spanish sardine paella
- Healthier sardine stroganoff
- Italian fisherman’s stew
- Sardine casserole
- Pasta puttanesca
- Beer-battered sardines
- Adobe chili tacos
Buy Superior Brisling Sardines for Sale Online!
Season has been in the canned fish business since 1921. That means we’ve been producing high-quality, sustainably sourced tinned fish for over 100 years. You can trust us to bring delicious and nutritious sardines to your door. Shop our range of sardine selections online today!