Benefits of Sardines in Olive Oil
Sardines in olive oil are packed full of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. At Season, our wild-caught sardines in olive oil are sustainably sourced, non-GMO and gluten-free. You can trust us for delicious and nutritious tinned fish.
Tuna and salmon are predatory fish that are often sourced unsustainably. At Season, we only sell smaller, nonpredatory fish to help the planet and marine ecosystem. Wild sardines in olive oil also have significantly lower contaminants and mercury levels than other canned fish varieties.
Why Sardines in Olive Oil Are So Versatile and Tasty
Season’s sardines are meaty and tasty, and the olive oil enhances the natural flavoring. This high-quality tinned fish is brimming with nutrients and relatively low in calories, making for delicious, healthy meals. Season offers a wide variety of sardines in olive oil, including:
- Skinless & Boneless in Olive Oil
- Skinless & Boneless in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Skinless & Boneless in Olive Oil, No Salt Added
- Bone-In Sardines in Olive Oil
- Bone-In Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bone-In Lightly Smoked Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Boost Your Body and Mind With Sardines in Olive Oil
Sardines are full of vitamins and nutrients. Ounce for ounce, they pack more protein than larger sources — and without saturated fats. Sardines in olive oil boost your mind and body with:
- Calcium: Bone-in sardines are rich in calcium, helping build and maintain healthy teeth and bones.
- Protein: You need protein to make new cells and repair existing ones. Protein reduces the hunger hormone, boosts your metabolism and stimulates the hormone that makes you feel full.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Sardines in olive oil are a superb source of omega-3. Omega-3 fatty acids promote skin and hair renewal and improve your heart health.
- Selenium: Sardines include selenium, which helps protect your cells from infections and damage.
- Iron: Your body needs iron to increase energy levels, support daily body processes and improve athletic performance.
- Potassium: This vital mineral helps your body’s tissue function.
- Vitamin D: This fat-soluble vitamin supports your immune system, reduces inflammation and builds healthy bones.
- Antioxidants: Olive oil is full of antioxidants, which are biologically active and may lower your risk of chronic disease. Antioxidants also protect blood cholesterol from oxidation while combating inflammation to improve heart health.
Buy the Best Sardines in Olive Oil
Season has been providing high-quality canned fish for over 100 years. Our sardines in olive oil are wild-caught just off Morocco’s coast in the Atlantic Ocean. They’re sustainably sourced, delicious and nutritious. Shop our sardine range online today!