- 2 cans Season Skinless & Boneless Fillets of Mackerel in Olive Oil (4.375 oz.), drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or seafood stock
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 large russet potatoes, diced ½ inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium-low; add onions, celery, and bell pepper. Saute until softened and onions become translucent. Add garlic and smoked paprika and cook one minute longer.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and add wine. Cook until wine is reduced by half. Stir in tomatoes, stock, and honey. Add potatoes, and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain mackerel and gently stir in. Season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh cilantro before serving.
This recipe is made with: