- 3 cans Season Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Pure Olive Oil (3.75 oz.)
- 1 cup beer (dark)
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour + ¼ cup for dredging
- 1 lime
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- ½ tp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- In a bowl whisk flour, salt, and baking powder. Add beer and whisk till smooth. Don’t over mix.
- Drain sardines and pat dry. Cut lime into 8 wedges.
- In a 3-quart saucepan heat oil over moderately high heat until a deep-fat thermometer registers 375°F.
- Mix ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper into ¼ cup flour. Working in batches dredge fish in flour then dredge in batter to coat completely, dragging lightly against side of bowl to remove excess.
- Fry, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon transfer sardines to paper towels to drain. Repeat steps 4 and 5 till desired sardines are fried.
- Fry lime wedges in oil until they begin to turn golden, about 30 seconds, and transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve sardines with lime.
This recipe is made with: