- 1 tin Season Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil, 4.375 ounce drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice, plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces of crusty bread, toasted
- Thinly sliced fennel
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop the flesh out into a bowl and add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Lightly mash with the back of a fork.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bread slices. Top with sardines, fennel, red onion, dill, and chives. Serve with lemon wedge for additional lemon, if desired.
This recipe is made with: