- 1 tin Season Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Olive Oil, 4.375 ounce drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice, plus more for serving
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces of crusty bread, toasted
- Thinly sliced fennel
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop the flesh out into a bowl and add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Lightly mash with the back of a fork.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bread slices. Top with sardines, fennel, red onion, dill, and chives. Serve with lemon wedge for additional lemon, if desired.
Recipe created by: Marie Haycox
This recipe is made with: