- 1 package Season Flat Anchovies in Olive Oil (2 oz.), drained
- 1 16oz. package frozen pizza dough, thawed
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup Caesar salad dressing
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough and shape into four 6-inch rounds. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with oregano and fresh black pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour bread crumbs into a bowl. Coat each anchovy fillet with bread crumbs, tossing to coat well. Coat a skillet with olive oil and set the heat to medium (350ºF). Pan fry a few seconds on both sides in the hot oil. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, mix chopped lettuce and Caesar dressing. Top each focaccia with desired amount of tossed salad, breaded anchovies, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is made with: