Boost Your Omega-3s With Season Sardines
Did you know that sardines are packed with protein and essential vitamins and minerals? They offer more nutrition per ounce than larger protein sources without saturated fats. And to top it all off, they’re full of heart-healthy omega-3s.
Are Sardines High in Omega-3?
Sardines have high omega-3 fatty acid content, offering all the health benefits that come with it. Sardines come with a whopping 1500 milligrams of omega-3s per 100-gram tin. Put differently, they contain about 2.4 grams of omega-3s per 6-ounce serving.
When comparing sardines versus tuna in terms of omega-3s, sardines come out on top. Sardines contain four times (4x) more omega-3s than light tuna*, with tuna offering 1.5 grams per 6-ounce serving. Sardines are also non-predatory and smaller than tuna. This means sardines are lower in mercury and other contaminants. It’s also worth mentioning that tuna is often unsustainably sourced, making Season sardines a better environmental choice.
Sardines’ Omega-3 Content and Health Benefits
Sardines are filled to the gills with omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for brain function and heart health. Canned sardines contain two valuable marine varieties of omega-3:
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Omega-3 fatty acids offer so many benefits that nutritionists recommend consuming these essential nutrients daily. Some of the advantages include:
- Boosted heart health: Omega-3 fatty acids reduce triglyceride levels. An abundance of triglycerides in your blood can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Lowered health risks: Essential fatty acids help decrease the risk of some cancers along with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and blood clots. There is evidence that omega-3s increase good cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
- Improved skin and hair renewal: Omega-3s can potentially boost hair growth, reduce hair loss and speed up wound healing.
- Decreased inflammation: Clinical studies have shown that omega-3 fatty acids are anti-inflammatory, making them beneficial to manage autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
- Increased nerve function: Many adults don’t have enough vitamin B12 in their diets. This deficiency may lead to poor sensory and peripheral nerve function. Eating sardines is a great way to boost your vitamin B12 in a single serving.
Eat Healthy and Buy Season Sardines Online Today!
Season has been committed to providing healthy, sustainably sourced tinned fish since 1921! Our top-selling sardines are wild-caught, gluten-free, and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Choose from various sardines in olive oil, tomato sauce, and brine or unsalted water. Enjoy bone-in, boneless and skinless, lightly smoked, or brisling sardines — whatever your preference, there’s a variety for everyone.
Boost your omega-3 fatty acid intake and shop sardines today!