- ½ can Season Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Tomato Sauce (4.375 oz.)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, cubed
- ½ green bell pepper, cubed
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded/diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil (avocado oil can be substituted)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (can substitute with 1 tsp jarred minced garlic)
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat large skillet on medium heat with oil. Add onion and brown 2-3 mins.
- Add garlic and bell peppers. Cook another 3 min or until peppers become tender. Add the tomatoes and let simmer 5 minutes, make sure to stir often.
- Add spices and sardines. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cilantro and take off heat. Mix roughly and let cool.
- Serve as dip with your favorite artisan breads or use as topping or filling for eggs.
This recipe is made with: