Sardine “Crab” Cakes
- ½ red onion, diced fine
- 1½ green onion stalks, sliced
- ½ lime, fresh, juiced
- 2 can sardines in water, drained
- 1½ tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt and pepper mixture
- 1½ cup canola oil
- In a large mixing bowl, mix green onion, red onion, lime juice, sardines, seasonings, eggs, bread crumbs and Dijon mustard.
- Make sure ingredients are mixed well.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet on medium high.
- Make small, long croquettes from mixture.
- Gently cook the sardine cakes in oil for 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Let cool.
- Serve with horseradish sauce, with cocktail sauce or in a sandwich