- 1 box Linguine Whole Wheat Pasta
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (3.75 oz.) cans Skinless/Boneless Sardines in tomato sauce
- ¼ cup bottle capers, drained
- ¼ stick butter (margarine may be substituted)
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups bottled Marinara Sauce
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Cook pasta as directed al dente
- In a sauce pan on medium heat melt butter – about 1 – 2 minutes
- Add diced onion, garlic. Saute till golden brown about 5 minutes
- Add capers and sardines. Saute another 2 minutes to release the flavor from capers.
- Add sauce, olives, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Stir and remove from heat
- Plate pasta and pour sauce over. Enjoy!