- 3 tins Season Sardines in Pure Olive Oil (4.375 oz.), drained
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup white wine
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. red pepper, dried
- 1 tsp. basil, dried
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. oregano, dried
- ½ tsp. parsley, dried
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large skillet.
- Sauté onions until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, sauté for a minute or two.
- Add white wine, scrape pan to deglaze.
- Add crushed tomatoes, red pepper, basil, salt, oregano & parsley.
- Simmer, covered, for 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste, add additional red pepper if more heat is preferred.
- Add sardines. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Salt & pepper to taste if necessary.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or linguine. Enjoy!
Recipe created by: Crafty Cooking Mama
This recipe is made with: