Sardine Salad Sandwich
- whole wheat bread
- Bibb lettuce
- 1 can sardines in tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 2 stalks scallions (green only) chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 3 to 5 pickled eggplants from can, chopped rough
- ¼ medium red onion, diced fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Slice the wheat bread into ¼"-thick slices.
- Lay down the Bibb lettuce, then scoop the sardine salad on top.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with kettle-cooked potato chips.