- 1 can Season Sardines in Water (4.375 oz.)
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- ½ medium onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup shredded white cabbage
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup canola oil, for frying
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 1½ tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- ½ Tbsp. honey
- In a medium skillet, sauté the oil with onions, cabbage and garlic on medium-high heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the sardines and seasonings. Mix well.
- Take 1 egg roll wrapper and put in 1 Tbsp. of cabbage mix from skillet.
- Fold bottom of wrapper first, then the sides; be careful not to overstuff.
- Fry in oil, turning frequently till golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove and place on paper-towel-lined plate. Enjoy.