- 2 cans Season Sardines in Pure Olive Oil (4.375 oz.), drained
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 6 oz. bag wide egg noodles
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 10 small to medium baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shiitake mushrooms diced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Make roux by melting the margarine in a skillet. Quickly whisk the flour and melted margarine together and remove from heat.
- Cook noodles as instructed on packaging. Strain and rinse with cold water.
- Heal oil on medium to high heat.
- Sauté onions for 2 or 3 minutes. Then add carrots and sauté another 2 or 3 minutes. Then Add mushrooms, sardines, salt and pepper. Let cook another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add roux to mix and stir.
- For first cup of stock, slowly stir in ¼ cup at a time.
- For second cup of stock, add ½ cup, stir vigorously and then add remaining stock.
- Add peas, salt and pepper (1 tsp. mixture), and noodles. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased 9″ x 13″ or ovenproof casserole dish at 350°F uncovered for 20 minutes.
- (Optional) For decoration, place some of the casserole into a ramekin. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. panko breadcrumbs over
the dish and bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or till panko is brown.