- 2 large sweet potatoes, roasted and cubed
- 2 sprigs fresh sage, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1⅔ cups water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ green bell pepper and ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ can Season Sardines in Pure Olive Oil (4.375 oz.), mashed
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 heaping tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper mix
- Roast potatoes by tossing the cubes lightly with 1 Tbsp. oil and ¼ tsp. salt and pepper mix.
- Lay raw potatoes on greased cookie sheet and bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Turn and mix. Cook another 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa and water on medium heat until boiling. Lower heat to simmer and cook covered for 5 or 6 minutes or till the water is absorbed.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high.
- Sauté shallots, sage and peppers 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cook another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Toss with quinoa.
- (Optional) For decoration, roast a whole sweet potato and remove from oven. Cut open in the middle and remove mushy insides. Stuff sweet potato with above mixture and serve.