- 2 cans Season Sardines in Pure Olive Oil (4.375 oz.)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 small nub fresh ginger, minced fine
- ½ package rice noodles (pad thai)
- 1 package of bean sprouts, ½ reserved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- (Optional) 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chunky peanut butter
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. sweet tamarind paste (may substitute honey)
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- ½ stalk green onion, sliced
- Reserved bean sprouts
- In a large mixing bowl, cover noodles with hot water. Let soak 10 minutes, shock with cold water and strain.
- Make sauce. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- To a large skillet on medium-high heat, add oil.
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes (till lightly browned).
- Lightly fold in sardines and sauté another 2
- If you choose to include the optional green onions, add them now.
- Fold in sauce and sauté another 1 to 3 minutes till sauce thickens.
- Add noodles and toss in fresh parsley.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowl or on small plate. Garnish with green onions and sprouts.