Non-Dairy Pralines and Ice Cream
IngredientsFor Pralines and Candied Sardines:
- 1 + 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ (3.75 oz) can Boneless/Skinless Sardines in water no salt added, drained and chopped
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 (14 oz.) can Coconut Milk
- 1.5 cups soy or non-dairy milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 jar or bottle of caramel topping
InstructionsFor the Pralines:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl add pecans, brown sugar, and sardines and toss.
- Place on a greased lined cookie sheet and cook for 14 min rotating once.
- Remove from oven and add 2 tbsp soymilk and mix. Let cool completely
- Follow instructions on ice cream maker for preparing the ice cream bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl add coconut milk, sugar, and non-dairy milk. Whisk together. Cover and place in fridge overnight (if time is short chill for at least 2 hours).
- Take ice cream bowl from freezer and attach to unit. Turn it on and add the ice cream mixture straight from the fridge. Let mix for 20 minutes then add 1 cup of the Praline Mixture and mix for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a freezer proof container take a 1/3 of the mixture and line the container. Then drizzle some caramel topping on top. Follow these steps 2 more times so that ice cream is the final layer.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours or until hard.