- 3 cans Season Skinless & Boneless Fillets of Mackerel in Olive Oil (4.375 oz.), drained
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 dash hot sauce
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 scallion, green and white parts diced
- Fresh dill for serving
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Gently stir in drained Season Mackerel, breadcrumbs, and scallions until well combined. Sprinkle on salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the mixture in half, and then in half again to create 4 parts. Form each part into a ball and then flatten into a patty. Place onto a wax paper lined tray and chill for an hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium high. Gently place the patties in the pan, and cook until nicely browned, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon and fresh dill.
This recipe is made with: