Italian Fisherman’s Sardine Stew
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup wine, red or white
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz. can fish or seafood stock
- 14 ½ oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 5-6 cans Season Sardines, drained
- 1 large loaf of fresh, crusty bread
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Saute onions until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, saute for a minute or two.
- Add wine, scrape pan to deglaze.
- Add crushed tomatoes, fish stock, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, parsley & crushed red pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste, add additional red pepper if more heat is preferred.
- Add sardines. Stir in, breaking up some sardines.
- Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Salt & pepper to taste if necessary.
- Serve with lots of crusty bread for dipping.
Recipe created by: Crafty Cooking Mama