Healthier Sardine Stroganoff
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 4.25 oz. containers Season Brand sardines, drained and diced
- 1½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. white whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lb. egg noodles
- Toppings: chopped fresh parsley, extra black pepper
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onion, garlic and mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are soft and onions are translucent.
- Add in white wine and cook alcohol off for a few minutes and mix in sardines.
- Start water for egg noodles and cook according to directions.
- Whisk together broth, flour, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and black pepper and pour into pan. Simmer for 5 minutes and then, mix in Greek yogurt.
- Top with chopped parsley and black pepper if desired.
Recipe created by: Amanda Hernandez, MA, RD