Sardine Salad Melt
- 2 (3.75 oz) cans Sardine Fillets in Lemon Pepper Sauce, drained
- 1 small or half medium red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Sliced Cheese (works best with Muenster or Provolone)
- Cracker of your choice
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to Broil
- In a large bowl mix vegetables with parsley, lime juice and mayo.
- With a fork lightly flake the sardines into the vegetables/mayo mixture
- Take a small dollop and put on cracker.
- Cut a small thin square of cheese to cover cracker.
- Place on foil lined toaster pan or cookie sheet
- Cook for 1-3 minutes, till cheese gets golden on top. Remove. Let cool for 2 minutes. Enjoy