Roasted Pepper and Sardine Appetizer
- French bread
- ½ red pepper, ½" slices
- ½ yellow pepper, ½" slices
- 1 can skinless, boneless sardines in oil, drained
- Olive oil for garnish
- Cracked black pepper for garnish
- Dill for garnish
- Slice French bread into 3 diagonal pieces.
- Place French bread in toaster oven on broil for 1 to 2 minutes, till light brown then let cool.
- Place sliced pepper on lined cookie sheet and place in oven under broiler on top shelf for 2 or 3 minutes till charred. Remove and let cool.
- Take the sardines from can and slice down the middle lengthwise. Then cut in half lengthwise again.
- Arrange the toast on long rectangular plate.
- Place red and yellow pepper strips on top of toasted bread.
- Gently lay the sardine on top and garnish with small dill sprig.
- Drizzle olive oil in a back-and-forth motion over the 3 pieces and sprinkle them with cracked black pepper.