Rainbow Swiss Chard with Red Quinoa
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2½ Tbsp. toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can sardines in water, flaked
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups rainbow chard, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup mixed fresh parsley, mint and chives (chopped)
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa with stock until it boils. Lower heat and simmer covered until liquid is gone (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- In a medium skillet, heat oil and garlic, almonds, and pepper flakes on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add sardines and increase heat to medium high.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add chard and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Add chard to dressing mixture and toss.
- Toss in the cooked quinoa and serve. Crumble feta cheese right on top.