Kale and Lemon-Pepper Sardine Salad
- 2 bunches kale, de-stemmed and washed
- 2 cans sardines in lemon-pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup pickled cabbage
- ¼ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 cucumber, halved and sliced
- Yummy dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. water
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by adding all dressing ingredients and whisking them together.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the cabbage, peas, sunflower seeds and cucumber. Toss lightly.
- Chop the kale into medium-sized chunks and add to items in mixing bowl.
- Toss cabbage/kale mixture with dressing.
- Place on plate.
- Gently lay the sardine fillets in the middle of the salad.
- Bon appetite!