Apple Tuna with Curry Ginger Dressing
- 2 whole wheat 6-inch pitas, halved
- 1 5oz. can Season® Tuna, drained
- 1 apple, pitted and diced
- 1 red pear, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- Warm the pitas in a microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the tuna; add the apple, pear and carrots. Mix gently with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the curry, mayonnaise, ginger, garlic, sugar and vinegar.
- Thoroughly combine the mayonnaise mixture with the tuna mixture.
- Stuff the pitas with shredded lettuce and then add the tuna mixture.
- If desired, serve cherry tomatoes on the side.