Anchovy Caesar Salad on Focaccia
- 1 16oz. package frozen pizza dough, thawed
- Olive oil
- Dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Jason® Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1-2 oz. package Season® Anchovies, drained
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough and shape into four 6-inch rounds. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with oregano and fresh black pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Remove from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, pour bread crumbs into a bowl. Coat each anchovy fillet with bread crumbs, tossing to coat well. Coat a skillet with olive oil and set the heat to medium (350ºF). Pan fry a few seconds on both sides in the hot oil. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
In a large bowl, mix chopped lettuce and Caesar dressing. Top each focaccia with desired amount of tossed salad, breaded anchovies, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese.