Adobe Chili Tacos with Side of Pico de Gallo
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper and ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cans sardines in olive oil, drained
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 package flour tortillas
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper mix
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Pico de Gallo:
- In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium high.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add seasonings. Toss.
- Add peppers.
- Slice sardines lengthwise and put in skillet. Cook 2 minutes, tossing gently.
- Remove from heat. Add cilantro and toss lightly.
- Squeeze lemon over mix and toss lightly again.
- Spoon into toasted tortillas and serve with pico de gallo (see below).
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno with membrane removed, seeded and diced
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Toss lightly.
- Serve in side bowl and enjoy with tacos.